Centre College is committed to fostering respect for the diversity of the College community and the individual rights of each member of that community.
It is the mission of the Accessibility Services Team at Centre College to eliminate barriers to learning, facilitate the creation of accessible learning environments, and champion equal access for the entire campus community. We do this by:
- Consulting and collaborating with students, faculty, and staff.
- Providing accommodations to students with documented disabilities.
- Interacting with students to determine individualized learning strategies.
- Providing resources to the campus community about neurodiversity and about mobility, sensory, and learning differences.
- Fostering student independence and self-advocacy.
- Modeling best practices across all dimensions of wellness to support the campus community.
In accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and expanded by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Centre College provides disabled students with support services and other reasonable accommodations needed to ensure equal access to the programs and activities of the College. While Centre provides a number of services to support the success of all its students, the college provides additional services specifically designed for students with mobility, visual, hearing, or learning differences.
Centre is committed to providing each student the specific support they need to achieve their own, personal success. Given the wide range of disabilities and learning differences that impact college life and academic performance, each student is counseled individually to identify appropriate resources and determine appropriate accommodations.
Students with special mobility, dietary, housing, or classroom needs should contact Accessibility Services so that accommodation plans may be made in a timely manner. Arrangements for services, equipment, special classroom or housing needs, and other reasonable accommodations may require several weeks advance notice.
If you would like more information about our accessibility services and accommodations, please contact us.