Important Information for International Applicants

Information Request

To learn more about Centre College, to obtain specific materials, or if you have questions about the processing of your application, please contact:

Sarah Miller, Associate Director and Coordinator of International Admission

Mailing Address:
Centre College
600 West Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422 U.S.A

800.423.6236 (only in the U.S.A)



Estudiantes y familias hispanohablantes contacten a Adriana Martin

Centre News

Vocate ranks Centre’s career center top-3 nationallyCentre College’s Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD) was recently named one of the nation’s top 3 institutions for...

International Student

Important Information for International Applicants

• All international applicants are considered for fall term enrollment, which begins in September.

• Completed applications must be submitted to the Office of Admission by 11/15, 12/1 or 1/15 depending on your application plan.

• If you are admitted and choose to enroll at Centre College, you will need to remit a USD 300 non-refundable enrollment deposit by either February 1 (for Early Decision) or May 1 (for Early Action and Regular Decision) to secure your admission.

• Important information from the United States Department of Homeland Security can be found by visiting Study in the States.

Application Requirements for International Students

International students with U.S. status (resident, refugee/asylee) should apply as U.S. students; international students who will have non-immigrant status (usually F-1) follow a slightly different procedure.

We give careful attention to every application that we receive. The most important criterion for admission is academic promise at our college. Centre encourages qualified students to apply for admission.

Only completed applications will be reviewed for admission.

Application Deadlines

Application Plan



Admission Notification Date

Deposit Deadline
Early Decision November 15 Binding Early Jan Feb 1
Early Action December 1 Non-binding Feb 1 May 1
Regular Decision January 15 Non-binding April 1 May 1

Documents to Bring

When you come to the U.S. you should bring with you any important documents that relate to your academic, medical, and legal history:

• Official transcripts from secondary schools, colleges, or universities

• Medical and dental records, including certificates of immunizations and vaccinations

• Information about medical conditions or treatments, prescriptions for medication and eyeglasses

• International driver’s license

Before you leave your home country, if these documents are not in English, obtain English translations and have the translations certified by a U.S. educational advising center or a U.S. consulate or embassy. Retain photocopies of all original documents for your records.

Certificate of Eligibility

Students outside the United States will need a Certificate of Eligibility to apply for a student visa and to enter the United States (INS Form 1-20 for F-1 student). F-1 students who are already in the United States will need a Certificate of Eligibility to continue their current status.

Centre College will issue the Certificate of Eligibility once we have received two items: 1) the student’s USD 300 enrollment deposit and 2) the certification of finances showing adequate financial support. We will then tell you how to pay the USD 200 fee required to receive an I-20 form.

Costs / Comprehensive Fee

Centre sets its cost each year as a comprehensive fee. This fee includes tuition, all academic fees, student housing, board (meals), and most cultural and athletic events on campus. Please keep in mind that colleges do increase their tuition each year.

Comprehensive Annual Fee for the 2015-2016 academic year: USD 47,820. This is the amount that would appear on your bill should you enroll at Centre.

Financial Aid

Centre does not offer need-based financial aid to international students but does consider them in our merit scholarship competition. We consider every international applicant for merit-based scholarships, for which there is no additional application. On average, we expect international students to be able to contribute USD 28,000 annually toward their Centre education. International applicants must complete the College Board Certification of Finances Statement.

International Transfer Students

Centre accepts international transfer applications. However, we only accept the transfer application of international students who are enrolled or attended institutions in the U.S.

Transfer applicants to Centre must submit everything required of first-year applicants plus a Dean’s Reference form and an official copy of their college or university transcript. The transfer of credit from other universities will be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Applicants who have college-level credit from institutions outside of the United States may be required to submit their academic records to World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators for a general evaluation. Information and forms may be obtained from their Web sites at or

Academic and Housing Help

If you need extra help with your English, our Language Specialist, Sean Flaherty-Echeverria, holds office hours for one-on-one assistance as well as weekly conversation groups to help develop academic skills. During his office hours, students can receive assistance with understanding difficult grammar points, editing papers, preparing presentations, practicing pronunciation, and developing organizational and study skills. We also have a Writing Center to help with content for any writing assignment. We will do everything in our power to help you succeed academically while you are here.

If you need to spend the summer on campus, we offer a variety of on-campus employment. In the past, students have collaborated with their professors in conducting in-depth research projects or taken more typical summer jobs also available often in office support. The College offers low-cost housing for those students wishing to remain on campus during the summer months.