Jenelle Anthony attained the latest in a string of coaching milestones for Centre this fall, earning win No. 100 as her Colonel field hockey squad defeated Hood, 5-0, at Thomas Athletic Field.
Since taking over the program in 2011, Anthony has compiled a 100-47 overall record and has seen the Colonels rise to heights never before seen. They are coming off arguably the greatest campaign in program history, reaching the NCAA Elite Eight a season ago for the first time ever.
With Friday’s victory, the Colonels improve to 7-3 overall, dropping the host Blazers to 1-11.
– Savannah Elpers opened on the scoring about eight minutes into the game.
– Three goals within a 3:20 span later in the first half created plenty of separation for the Colonels on the scoreboard. Emily Schank, Elpers and Sarah Biggs scored in quick succession.
– Centre netted one goal in the second half – an Alana Pugh unassisted score – but it was more than enough against the outmatched Blazers.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
– The Colonels simply dominated possession, maintaining an absurd 41-0 advantage in total shots. Centre put 27 of those attempts on goal, led by Biggs’ seven.
– Centre also recorded 20 penalty corners to Hood’s zero.
Centre returns to action on the East Coast Sunday, facing Washington College in Chestertown, Md., at 12 p.m. ET.
by Centre College Athletics
October 16, 2018