Transferring & Readmitting
Centre welcomes applications from qualified students who want to transfer from other colleges or universities or are seeking readmission.
Transfer applications are evaluated using the following criteria:
- The quality of academic performance in previous college courses
- The level of preparation and academic achievement in secondary school
- Academic aptitude and achievement
- A written essay
Involvement in school or community activities or in employment is also considered. Transfer students may apply as test included or test optional candidates. Any transfer student should be in good academic and social standing at his/her previous institution and be eligible to return there. Normally, the student should have had high school preparation equivalent to Centre’s regular admission requirements.
Credit is given for courses comparable to those taught at Centre or those compatible with a liberal arts education. Credit will be granted only for courses in which the grade attained was “C-” or better.
Transfer students must complete all of the College’s requirements for graduation. In addition, they must complete at least 42 credit hours at Centre, including 23 of the last 30. A portion of Centre’s general -education requirements may be required through course work at Centre.
So that we may have time to review your application, please have your application complete by the following dates:
|July 1st||November 1st||December 1st|
Students applying for Fall Term after June each year must submit the print version of the Common Application for Transfers.
Space for transfer students in each term is limited and therefore it is recommended that students apply early for their desired semester. Once complete, Centre reviews and admits transfer applications on a rolling basis.
Transfer students who have talent in areas where we offer special scholarships (music, drama, and foreign language) may apply and audition for those scholarships on an invitation basis only. Financial aid is available for transfer students just as it is for incoming first-years.
- Common Application for Transfers including the essay and short answer Get Application
- Official final high school transcript
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
- Official statement of good standing from each college or university attended Download Form
- Official standardized ACT or SAT test scores (must be sent from the testing agency or printed on your high school transcript). The ACT school code for Centre is 1506. The SAT school code for Centre is 1109.
- Secondary School Report from your high school*
- Teacher Recommendation from your high school*
*If you have completed less than two years of college
Transfer students will be considered for general merit scholarships and financial aid. Once your application for admission is complete, then your admission and scholarship status can be determined. To get an estimate of financial aid, use our Net Price Calculator.
Learn More About Financial Aid