The pre-dentistry program at Centre offers all of the classes that you need to get into dental school. Centre’s acceptance rate into dental school exceeds 90 percent.
A dental degree is the stepping stone to a career in dentistry, oral-facial surgery, orthodontics, periodontics, and other oral health fields.
Many of our pre-dental students do internships with local dentists, and participate in the free Saturday clinics offered by the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry.
Pre-dentistry students should consult with faculty advisor Professor Aaron Godlaski and can reach him by email here.
What Courses Should I Take?
Students interested in pursuing a degree in dentistry after Centre should expect to take courses in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and other disciplines.
Suggested Courses for Pre-Dentistry Students
- Introduction to Genetics (BIO 210)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO 226)
- Microbiology (BIO 340)
- Histology (BIO 345)
- Immunology (BIO 355)
- Cellular Neurobiology (BIO 385)
- Biostatistics (BIO 390)
- Introduction to Biochemistry & Cell Biology (BMB 210)
- Cell Biology (BMB 340)
- General Chemistry I (CHE 131)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHE 241)
- Introduction to Statistics (MAT 130)
- Introductory Physics for the Life Sciences (PHY 120)
- Physiological Psychology (PSY 295)